This well-maintained, detached lodge is situated in a private position, at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, in the heart of the delightful Limefitt Holiday Park, less than a mile from the small village of Troutbeck in the Lake District National Park. This welcoming Troutbeck lodge is ideal for walkers and cyclists, or as somewhere to simply sit back and relax. Accessed via four external steps, this superb, single-storey Lake District lodge offers three bedrooms, including one with en-suite facilities and a walk-in wardrobe/dressing room, plus the well-equipped and spacious open plan living area has French doors that lead out onto a large decked area, which is ideal for alfresco dining whilst admiring the views of Wansfell in the distance and boasts a superb hot tub.
Wansfell View Lodge Video
About the Accommodation
- All ground floor.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV, dressing room and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with TV, 1 x twin.
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire.
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher.
- 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs.
- Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent.
- Cot and highchair.
- Off road parking for 2 cars.
- Enclosed, front decked area with hot tub, furniture and BBQ.
- Shared use of on-site outdoor games area and children’s play area, laundry facilities and pony trekking at additional charge.
- Two well-behaved pets welcome.
- Sorry, no smoking.
- On-site shop and pub 5 mins walk.
- Property accessed via four external steps.
About Limefitt Park
Limefitt Park is a beautiful peaceful old sheep farm nestled deep within the Troutbeck Valley capturing the very spirit of the Lake District National Park. The Park features Lakeland stone buildings, mature trees and traditional stone walls. The valley rises steeply upwards to meet the peaks of Yoke, Froswick and High Street which dominate the landscape. The Troutbeck stream runs through Limefitt Park, set against a spectacular backdrop and diverse terrain.
Things to Do Nearby
There is plenty to do and see without the need to travel far. It is only a few miles to the traditional Lake District towns of Ambleside or Bowness-on-Windermere where there are some buildings which date as far back as the 17th century and exhibit their original architecture.
For the more adventurous, the visitor centre at Brockhole is certainly worthy of a visit. Set on the shores of the world-renowned Lake Windermere, many activities are included in the entrance price, with something to interest all ages, notably the ‘Tree Top Trek’.
Just slightly further afield is Coniston Water or the charming Lake District towns of Kendal (famous for its Mint Cake) and Keswick. Also popular with young and old alike is the ‘World of Beatrix Potter’ based in the town of Bowness. The Lake District is undeniably one of the most beautiful and unspoilt areas of the UK.
Wansfell View Lodge is open all year round and offers a perfect base from which to explore ‘The Lakes’ for the first time or the hundredth.