A luxury two-storey cottage with an unusual layout, This delightful, detached property sits within the grounds of Shells Cottage, just a short walk from Washford. Split into two and linked by an external staircase, this Washford cottage’s unusual layout makes it ideal for two families holidaying together, or for older children to enjoy some privacy. There are bedrooms and shower rooms on each floor of this Washford lodge, while the ground floor living area boasts a cosy woodburner in a feature fireplace, exposed beams and comfortable sofas, so you can sit back and relax after a busy day exploring the area. Outside this Washford lodge there is a decked area, leading to a private sheltered hot tub, the ultimate luxurious touch for any holiday.
Head off to Minehead for the day and enjoy the long sandy beach and its station for the West Somerset steam railway, or explore the narrow winding cobbled streets of Dunster, only 4 miles away. No matter how you spend your days, evenings at this Washford lodge can be enjoyed by the woodburner, in the hot tub, or even on the PlayStation 3. This Washford cottage really is a great base.
About this Accommodation
- Ground floor.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin.
- Wet room with shower, basin and WC.
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- First floor: Two eaves twin bedrooms.
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Small kitchenette.
- Electric radiators with woodburner.
- Ground floor: Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher.
- TV with Freeview, DVD.
- First floor: 2-ring electric hob, fridge, microwave, TV with Freeview, DVD, PlayStation 3 and 1 game.
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent.
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent.
- Off road parking for 2 cars.
- Private decked patio with seating, BBQ and hot tub.
- One well-behaved pet welcome.
- Sorry, no smoking.
- Shop and pub 1 mile.
- The first floor is only accessible by the external staircase.
- One of the first floor bedrooms has a door opening directly onto the external staircase so children must be supervised.
- The owners are members of BISHTA (British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association).
- Up until 9th January 2016, this property has a Friday changeover day. From 9th January 2016, the property has a Saturday changeover.
Washford is a West Somerset rural village, on the A39 between Minehead and Bridgwater. Located two miles from the pretty coastal port of Watchet, this is an ideal base from which to explore Exmoor National Park and The Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are many pretty coastal and inland villages to explore including Porlock with its steep hill and pretty winding streets, Dunster with dramatic castle perched above the historic village and the busy resort of Minehead with sandy beach, golf course and traditional seaside attractions. An excellent choice of holiday destination for rural beauty, dramatic coastline and splendid walking.