This delightful, detached, hand crafted log cabin is situated in a quiet secluded spot, within two acres of its own grounds on the outskirts of Tosside on the border of North Yorkshire and Lancashire. This Tosside cottage provides the perfect countryside retreat for couples, small families or groups of friends hoping to get away from it all and enjoy the wonders of this fantastic area, with the added bonus of a private hot tub. Boasting natural character and charm, overlooked by nothing but the peaceful surrounding countryside; this Tosside cottage creates the refreshing feeling of being in the great outdoors that only a rustic timber lodge can. This Gisburn Forest lodge offers three comfortable bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room and a modern bathroom.
You will find a large kitchen, equipped with a range cooker and a spacious sitting room, boasting an impressive flat screen HD TV and a lovely dining area. French doors lead outside to beautiful decking and your very own private hot tub overlooking the lawned garden; the perfect spot to enjoy the delightful cottage grounds and views beyond. Wonderfully isolated, the lodge’s grounds are home to two resident pheasants and a little robin, keen to show off his handsome red plumage. Deer can often be seen across the beck, while sheep graze in the nearby fields and bats flutter across the star-spangled night sky.
About this Accommodation
- All ground floor.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x single.
- Bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
- Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Lawned garden with decking, private hot tub and furniture, front lawned area with furniture.
- Oil central heating.
- Oil-fired range cooker with oven and hob, microwave, fridge.
- TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent.
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair.
- Off road parking for 5 cars.
- Bike storage and additional lockable store.
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking.
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
- Lodge accessed via three steps at front with ramped access to rear of property.
- Check-in 5pm, check-out 11am.
- Strictly no smoking or BBQs allowed in property and its ground.
- No stag/hen parties or similar.
Tosside is a small, attractive Yorkshire Dales village set between the Forest of Bowland and the Yorkshire Dales, six miles from Settle, and fifteen miles from Skipton, popularly known as The Gateway to the Dales.
Things to Do Nearby
Why not spend the day exploring local walks and challenging bike rides, offered from your doorstep, before retiring luxuriously to the hot tub for the evening? A short stroll from the lodge, the Crowtrees Inn provides live Saturday night entertainment, excellent food and a games room. The area offers outdoor activities and pursuits in abundance, such as pony trekking, golf, caving and even trout fishing in the Stocks Reservoir! A few minutes’ drive away is the Gisburn Forest Bike Trail, offering fantastic mountain biking for people of all abilities.
Why not take a trip to the White Scar Caves, the Settle-Carlisle Railway, the famous Ribblehead Viaduct, Malham Cove and Tarn and Bolton Abbey? Yorkshire is alive with wonderful days out to suit everyone. If a day spent simply perusing gift and craft shops is more your cup of tea, the historic market towns of Settle, Clitheroe and Skipton are all within easy driving distance of this lovely Tosside cottage.