Ash Tree Lodge is a ground floor log cabin, 2 miles from the North Yorkshire market town of Stamford Bridge. The cabin sleeps six people and has one double bedroom with en-suite shower room, a twin room, and a family bathroom. The cabin also has a fitted kitchen with dining area and a sitting room with double sofa bed. Outside is off road parking, a decked balcony with hot tub, furniture and barbecue, and extensive rear lawns. Just ten miles from York and with all of Yorkshire to discover, Ash Tree Lodge is a superb family holiday home.
The spacious sitting room has a double sofa bed and a full length picture window, which overlooks a large decked balcony. The balcony provides an ideal spot to sit and relax in the superb hot tub on a warm summer’s evening. There are extensive lawns surrounding this Stamford Bridge log cabin, which lead to a shared fishing pond and seating. The historic village of Stamford Bridge offers a wide variety of shops and local inns with good restaurants, cafes and footpaths alongside the picturesque River Derwent. Bridlington, Flamborough and Scarborough are within an hour’s drive, and this Stamford Bridge log cabin is perfectly placed to tour the attractive market towns of Malton, Beverley and Pickering. This Stamford Bridge log cabin provides a wonderful base for families and friends to explore all that North Yorkshire has to offer.
About this Accommodation
- All ground floor
- Two bedrooms
- 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin.
- Bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
- Kitchen with dining area.
- Sitting room with sofa bed.
- LPG central heating.
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher.
- TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, selection of books and DVDs.
- Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent.
- Travel cot and high-chair.
- Ample off road parking.
- Bike storage.
- Rear decked balcony with hot tub, furniture and BBQ. Extensive rear lawns.
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking.
- The nearest shp and pub is 2 miles.
- There is an unfenced pond 50 yards from the property, children to be supervised at all times.
- Free pond fishing is available by prior arrangement with the owner.
- Ash Tree Lodge is situated approx. 50 yards from another lodge.
- The property is situated approx. 50 yards from an A road, and some road noise may be experienced when outside the property.
- No stag/hen parties or similar.
About Street Farm Holiday Cottages
Ideally situated just 10 miles from historic York and within easy reach of the beautiful East Yorkshire Coast, Street Farm Cottages provide luxurious and homely self catering accommodation. Set in the countryside on a 400 acre working arable farm, the three spectacular barn conversion cottages offer a perfect getaway, whether it be an intimate romantic break or a family holiday. The one, two and three bedroom cottages are set around a picturesque gravelled courtyard and have been sympathetically converted to the highest standard and retain many original features including exposed beams and high ceilings.
Things to Do Nearby
The Vale of York is located to the west of the North York Moors, and spreads out around the ancient City of York and runs along side the Hambleton Hills. It encompasses a wide area of beautiful lush countryside, quaint villages and vibrant towns including Northallerton and Thirsk.
Visitors to the north of England are really spoiled for choice when it comes to exploring this stunning and diverse landscape. The capital of the area has to be York, a historic walled city full of culture and with a colourful history dating back to Viking times. There is so much to see and do here, lots of visitor attractions, magnificent architecture including the imposing York Minster, and a vast number of shops to explore.
To the north there is the pretty town of Thirsk, with its historic racecourse and traditional town square, complete with clock tower. The town is situated at the gateway to the Yorkshire Dales and is most well known as the home of James Herriot, the famous author and vet. The stunning Yorkshire Dales National Park provides a picturesque backdrop to the town and is brimming with natural wildlife.