This detached wooden lodge is set within walking distance of the village of Washford in Somerset, in the grounds of Shells Cottage. This luxury two-storey cottage has an unusual layout, split into two sections and linked by an external staircase to the first floor, making it an ideal holiday home for two families who love holidaying together, but enjoy a bit of privacy. The modern open plan living area of this Washford cottage is on the ground floor and boasts a woodburner in a feature fireplace and door to the decked patio area, which in turn leads to the private hot tub; a perfect place to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day.
Young guests, and the young at heart, can enjoy the PlayStation 3 on the first floor, while adults gather around the woodburner downstairs and enjoy the ambience of this Washford cottage, and its seamless combination of character charm and modern amenities. Get out and about while you’re staying at this Washford cottage, and enjoy long walks along the coastal path or visit nearby Dunster with its NT castle or seaside Minehead to explore the sandy beach, before returning to your Washford lodge for a peaceful evening together. Note: This property is near to Refs. 16588, 11459, 13806 and 914740, together they sleep 36.
About this Accommodation
- Ground floor: Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin.
- Wet room with shower, basin and WC.
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- First floor: Two eaves twin bedrooms.
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- Small kitchenette.
- One of the first floor bedrooms has a door opening directly onto the external staircase so children must be supervised.
- Private decked patio with seating, BBQ and hot tub.
- Electric radiators with woodburner.
- Ground floor: Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher.
- TV with Freeview, DVD.
- First floor: 2-ring electric hob, fridge, microwave, TV with Freeview, DVD, PlayStation 3 and 1 game.
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent.
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent.
- Off road parking for 2 cars.
- One well-behaved pet welcome.
- Sorry, no smoking.
- Shop and pub 1 mile.
- The first floor is only accessible by the external staircase.
- The owners are members of BISHTA (British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association).
Gunnislake lies on the banks of the River Tamar. It has village pubs and a small selection of shops. The village sits at one end of the scenic Tamar Valley Railway – with regular services to Plymouth.
Things to Do
Located two miles from the pretty coastal port of Watchet, this is an ideal base from which to explore Exmoor National Park and The Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are many pretty coastal and inland villages to explore including Porlock with its steep hill and pretty winding streets, Dunster with dramatic castle perched above the historic village and the busy resort of Minehead with sandy beach, golf course and traditional seaside attractions. An excellent choice of holiday destination for rural beauty, dramatic coastline and splendid walking.